Saturday, October 4, 2014

Program Regarding Popular Matchings

In today's post I briefly want to introduce a program I have written during the course of my bachelor thesis. Topic of it were popular matchings. Matching in general is the problem of matching, for example students to courses. Popular matchings are a special case, here a criterion is used to define when a matching is popular and thus acceptable. Because of this very natural fairness criterion and the fact, that they are efficiently calculatable, popular matchings are an interesting matching problem. One downside though is, that not every instance allows a popular matching. Interested readers are invited to take a look at this topic or the thesis. The reason why I post this here is that I wrote a program in C# implementing the different presented algorithms etc. The thesis and the program can be found on https://github.com/OliverScheel/PopularMatchings/.

No comments:

Post a Comment